About Mary Davis
Mary is the clarinetist and saxophonist behind this website, she’s in charge of all content and editing.
I’ve been playing the clarinet ever since the mid-1980’s when I was in elementary school. I’ve played in symphonic bands, marching bands, and orchestras. I was able to play in the All-state honor band in both high school and college! I also have some conducting experience.
These days I primarily play the bass clarinet, and I’m involved in my local community band. I also double on saxophone, and I’m in the process of raising two teenage saxophonists.
Latest Articles By Mary Davis
- Can You Play Saxophone With Braces, Piercings, Long Nails, Etc?
- 6 Common Saxophone Sound Problems (+ Causes & Solutions)
- How Long Do Saxophones Last? (Quality Vs Cheaper Brands)
- How Much Is A Used Clarinet Worth? (7 Specific Examples)
- Saxophone Vs Flute: 5 Key Differences (I’ve Played Both!)
- Tenor Saxophone New & Used Cost (10 Specific Examples)